
After the parade on the 12th, we went to Grey Point, near Crawfordsburn.

Grey Point is where James McDonald and Sarah Ferguson McDonald were baptized by Alexander Wright in 1841.

Sister Jane Neely is the great, great granddaughter of Alexander Wright. I am the great, great, great granddaughter of James and Sarah McDonald. We thought it would be fun to be at this special point together.

Here I am, Grandpa McDonald! The same place you were many years ago!!

Sister Neely and I walked along the beach and decided this was the perfect place for the baptism. There was a reverence here as we contemplated the event that took place so many years ago and has brought so much joy to our family since.

It was fun to have our good friends there with us.

It is a beautiful spot and we were there on such a lovely day.

I enjoy seeing the thistles ever since we were in Scotland and did a YSA workshop on Barefoot through the Thistles......

Looking across Helen's Bay toward Bangor...

Sun shinning on Belfast Lough......we watched a huge seal for a while.....we usually don't see much marine life, although a local fisherman said a whale had wandered in for about a week last month....


It's been such a blessing to be in Northern Ireland serving a mission. I am thankful for all of my ancestors who lived here.
1 comment:
That is about the coolest thing ever. What a blessing to our families that that great event took place on those shores so many years ago. Thank you so much for sharing those neat pictures with us.
Post a Comment