From the Emerald Isle

Saturday, April 17, 2010

April Outing

We had a fun day today. The Moss's invited us to go with them to Newcastle and the Mourne Mountains. It was fun to be on the Irish Sea coast again.
Newcastle is really a fun seaside village. But the wind is always blowing!

Sister Moss has become a great friend and she loves to shop as much as I do!


The men decided they needed their picture taken too.



This is a beautiful old hotel right on the beach.




We had fun walking through the village. We stopped for ice cream and enjoyed the shops. There were alot of people out enjoying the day.





It was a little cloudy at first but then the sun came out and it was a beautiful day.






We drove up through the mountains and couldn't believe all the stone walls. They fascinate me!








I was taking pictures through the car window as we were driving, so some are a little fuzzy....I couldn't capture the beauty. It was really fun.








Stone fences, sheep and beautiful yellow bushes everywhere you looked!































It was a fun day until my camera died. We went to Spelga dam but I didn't get any pictures....we will have to go back!
On our way home we stopped for Fish and Chips. The perfect way to end a great day with fun new friends.












5 comments:

The Stevens said...

Looks like fun, that's too bad about your camera though. Miss ya. Today on the way home from church, Dylan said, "Mom, I just want to get on a plane and fly to my grandma's house in Ireland." I told him me too!

Anonymous said...

It is so pretty there! And I love all their buildings. That hotel is awesome! Its nice that you guys made some good friends!

Emily said...

Everything looks so beautiful! And I'm glad you found a shopping friend... no matter where you live it is important to have one of those:)

Kristen said...

I love all those stone fences, too. I wonder how long they take to put up...but they last a very very long time and they are gorgeous!

Lorie said...

I love looking at your pics and reading your posts! Thanks for sharing! Looks Glorious!