From the Emerald Isle

Friday, April 30, 2010

A Few More Favorites

The daffodils are almost gone now. They have been beautiful. This little area is now twice as full since I took this picture, but they are beginning to die. Every day there are more leaves on the trees and the fields are getting so green!
The other day as we were driving through the neighborhood we saw these horses and riders! There were actually three of them but we were going to fast for me to get a good picture. It's fun to see them going right along with the cars!

We went to Gosford park on our way home from an appointment one day and these little goats were having a great time playing along side of the road!


E & B's chip van is our favorite lunch place. The Elders love it too, so on our way home from district meeting last week we stopped for lunch. It is actually run by a family in our ward. They make the very best cheese burgers, baps and sodas, fish, all day breakfasts and my favorite curry chips! (I won't, I will not try the black pudding!!!!) But everything else is great!



Our front yard is really quite nice. The tulip are out and the bushes are getting leaves. Elder Holt loves it because it is small and easy to maintain. It's fun to see what new flowers appear every day. We ran into our landlords the other day in Tesco's and they are so happy we are living in their home. They want us to stay forever!!! I think they are glad we are somewhat responsible!




This is the view out the front window. It has been nice to open the windows but no one has screens on their windows. I asked someone about it and they said nothing ever gets in....I said what about the spiders....they said oh yes, sometimes they come in....no big deal I guess! There are no mosquito's in Ireland!!!!





Today we went on an outing with our good friend Roberta. She took us to Moy to see the apple blossoms, but they are late this year and not quite blooming. We went to lunch at a quaint little hometown restaurant and then went to a fun antique shop. There were a lot of fun things to look at. This is Roberta in a chair fit for a king! I enjoyed the "post" boxes, trying to figure out how to get one home.....






It was a beautiful day after the rain clouds blew over. The view of the countryside was great.







Roberta had to feed this little goat! She loves animals!!! He was pretty cute!








Another fun day in Northern Ireland. We will have to go back next week for blossom pictures!
Yesterday we had zone conference in Belfast. Elder Kerr of the Seventy was there and it was a very inspiring, motivating day. He is a wonderful man and a great speaker. He is from Scotland and has lots of stories to tell. We always enjoy being with President and Sister Creer and the missionaries in the Belfast zone. It will be interesting to see how things change in July with the new mission president!









2 comments:

Alie and James said...

I love your little front yard with all the flowers. It is very cute.

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

What a cute yard. I loved the little stained glass in the windows, too. Spring is beautiful in Ireland.