9 years ago
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Unexpected trip to Utah
On Tuesday, April 14th I left for Utah to go see my Mom who was admitted to the hospital for a heart attack. After 3 days in ICU, and 2 more days in the hospital, she came home and is doing pretty good. Paula, Patti, Lorie and I were all there and we were so glad it turned out better than the Doctors had first indicated. We were able to enjoy the time we had together. Lots of lunch dates, chatting and shopping! It was actually a nice little vacation, (except for leaving Birch home).
Jana, Tony, Kade and I went to Hogle Zoo one afternoon. Kade was having fun watching all the animals. We rode the train and had fun in the gift shop!
I was able to spend a few days in Provo with Jana and Tony. While I was there, Birch's parents were in town and we met up at Cafe Rio for lunch and to present his dad with his 80th Birthday book that Michelle put together for him. Every member of the family has a page in the book, with pictures. We also included his siblings and many dear friends of theirs. It is a beautiful book with lots of wonderful tributes for a wonderful man.
It was fun to be together and meet Kat, Jared's girlfriend. Kevin Walton graduated from BYU that day so it was a day full of celebration. It's always fun to be with family.
I really enjoyed the time with my parents, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and kids. I realize as time goes by how much family means to me and what I can learn from each one of them. I am especially thankful that Mom is doing as well as she is. She is such a great example to all of us as she endures health challenges with a cheerful (but weak) heart! She is amazing! And Dad does a wonderful job taking care of her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It was great to see you in Utah Linda. We had fun.
So glad to see your pictures from Utah with your family. So glad your mom is OK now.
Post a Comment