From the Emerald Isle

Sunday, April 26, 2009

More Utah

While I was in Utah, Marie Osmond had a book signing at Deseret Book. We didn't want to wait in line, but it was fun to see her! She was pretty down-to-earth in person! FYI, the white triangle at the top of her dress is a sock from DSW! She forgot her cami so she went shopping! I thought that was pretty creative although she had to adjust it every now and then! Better than being immodest!
One afternoon we took a ride to see the two new temples in the valley. This is the Draper Temple.
It is very beautiful and sits on the south east side of the valley. It's way up on the mountain and the view is spectaular!


This is the Oaker Mountain Temple. (not sure how to spell it....) It is on the south-west side of the valley. It sits on a pretty good size hill in the middle of nowhere! They are both beautiful temples!




Four temples right in the Salt Lake Valley! I think Brigham Young is excited!



3 comments:

Kristen said...

How fun. I love the pictures of the temples. Sounds like you had a great trip!

The Seaman Family said...

Those temples are so beautiful! I bet Kade had a great time seeing you guys!

Janice Anderson said...

And to think that when Bob and I were married in 1969, we were in the Salt Lake Temple district, it being the closest temple to us. We were thrilled when Chicago Temple was built because it was so close. Two of our kids were married there. (Justin and Ryan) But now, we can attend temple sessions on the same day we decide to it!! We are so blessed.