From the Emerald Isle

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Happy St. Patricks Day! Tonight was our Instutute class and we decided to have a party! We had a short lesson and then played volleyball. We were so excited to have so many come. They are great young people! We had a few investigating friends, a new member of the church, and the Hmong missionaries! We love to have them come. Our class has grown from 2-3 last semester to an average of 12-13!
Everyone played...but me (I was the photographer...) and the refreshment coordinator!

As you can see, some remembered it was St. Paddy's Day and wore green. They got to have first pick of the Ice Cream cake! It was fun to see how green everyone's teeth got from the frosting!

Here we are in class before the volleyball game.

Birch did a great job teaching tonight. It's so nice to have students that want to be there and want to learn all they can about the gospel. It makes our Tuesdays busy...good thing we have tomorrow off from the Mission Office! Maybe we can take down the outside Christmas trees!!!!!!!




4 comments:

Janice Anderson said...

Oh how your adventures make me excited to find out what lies ahead for Bob and me as we enter our retirement years. Bob is putting off retiring until 2012 because of the economy, so I guess I will have to wait. But hearing about you two is terrific. There is always something to look forward to. Life is beautiful.

Kristen said...

That looks like so much fun. I am not surprised to hear that your numbers are growing. You are a great couple and people feel your love for them and the spirit in your presence! I bet you both are great teachers! I LOVe ALL THE GREEN!

The Stevens said...

You guys are such great teachers that it makes everyone want to come! That's awesome. Looks like you guys had fun.

K said...

Looks like a great group of young people. And a fun assignment.

We have a senior couple just returned from a CES mission in Geneva-where they followed a similar pattern of building up a thriving group. I can see you two following in their footsteps.

Any word yet on your impending full-time call for this summer?

All the best.

Steve-Rosanna Crain

P.S. utilizing Kristina's Google account to post