From the Emerald Isle

Saturday, December 6, 2008

For My Dad

My dad and I have always had fun watching different wildlife when we are together. I think it's fun to see the quail and magpies at his house. This week, woody- woodpecker was in our tree. I thought Dad would like to see this!
I couldn't get a good picture before he decided to fly away! But that's him in the middle of the tree. Then the same day, we were coming home from Costco and saw all these geese in the field at Rocket Park! It reminded me of the time Mom, Dad and I went down to Rochester, MN and saw thousands of geese in a park. I was braver with Dad and got closer than I did this week!

There were a lot more than it looks! I couldn't get them all in the pictures! Anyway, it brought back a fun memory with my parents and was fun to see so many geese in one place. I love to hear the honking everyday as the geese fly over and usually run to the window to watch! Just another plus for living in Minnesota!






No comments: