From the Emerald Isle

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mill City Musuem

While Birch's parents were here we went to the Mill City Museum in Minneapolis.
The mills used to produce more flour than anywhere else in the world. It was really interesting and very well done. We took a ride in the freight elevator to the eighth floor and then out to the observation deck. Great view!



The kids had fun playing with all the hands on displays. It was fun to see the old Betty Crocker commercials and the testing/class kitchen.






The highlight for me was finding the Betty Crocker cookbook for kids, just like the one one I had when I was little, in the gift store. Of course I had to buy it for the girls and then came home and found my original one! Baylie wants to have "Pigs in a Blanket" for dinner Sunday! It brought back fun memories of my first cooking experiences! We had fun designing our own cereal boxes too! It's nice to find things to do in our own city. We watched a movie on the history of Minneapolis and we all decided that this is a great place to live!




4 comments:

Janice Anderson said...

I've seen the elevators, but never knew to take a tour of the museum. Glad to know about it because of your blog. Thanks. Guess where we'll be going soon.

Kristen said...

It amazes me of the things that people find in the cities, that I didn't even know existed. The cities really do have a lot to offer!

The Stevens said...

You're right, it is a great place to live. I am glad you guys had fun!!

Post-it Notes said...

That museum looks like so much fun! It is nice to find things in your own city!