It's Halloween time again in Anoka, the Halloween Capitol of the World. We have had a busy week preparing for the big Parade that was today. Last weekend was the night light parade. Jeff, Birch, Cameron and Julie decided to enter the group costume contest this year as they ran the Grey Ghost 5K run at the beginning of the parade. Can you tell what they are??????

Yes! Bumper cars! Cameron came up with the idea, Julie and I went looking for supplies (thank you Ax-man surplus) and we spent the week constructing the little bumper cars. Needless to say....mom came to the rescue again....I'd rather construct than run the race!!!

They looked pretty cute bumping into each other. Birch did the license plates.
Julie was 2FAST4U, Cameron was W84ME, Birch was XLR8, and Jeff was
CUL8R.

Here we are walking down Park Street to Anoka. The cars bumping along...

Luckily they ran right past us. Sometimes it's hard to find the runners in the crowd, but we saw our bumper cars! A lot of people were shouting for them and taking pictures. It was fun for us that were watching! They were pretty disappointed that they didn't win a prize. Jeff really wanted a medal since Cameron got one last year. But there were some pretty amazing costumes.

This was my favorite. A Carousel of horses. It took 3rd place under a school of fish and Obama running with Sarah...(we thought bumper cars were much more original) It was fun anyway. We'll see what next year brings!
9 comments:
Darling costumes! When Birch told me that he couldn't park his car in the garage all week because you guys were busy working on the secret costume, I couldn't wait to see what it was!
They were soooo robbed. Obama and Sarah? Come on! ;-)
I love the costumes. Those turned out so cute. I wish I could have been there too. They totally should have placed in the contest!!
That was such a great idea. Tell them they won first place in my contest! I got a good laugh and thought, Wow! Some families get all the creativity!
I can't believe they didn't win anything. There's was much better. I loved them. You guys did a great job on them!
Bumper cars was such a clever idea! It looks like fun.
Cute! I wish we could have been there. Anoka is the best place to be for Halloween!!
I think you should have won! What a great idea. I love the costumes!!
How fun! Those costumes are so cute!
We saw your bumper car family in the parade. Ryan was with us and pointed them out! How very original!! You should have won a prize. Get that Obama thing OUT!!!
Post a Comment