From the Emerald Isle

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Another week gone by...

This week we were pretty busy teaching, finding and delivering b-day gifts! I'm becoming pretty good friends with the girl that owns the balloon shop! As we were parked at one home I took this picture of the foliage across the street. It is really beautiful.
Last Saturday the youth in the ward had a car wash. They did pretty good earning pounds for camp. We have 1 young man and 5 young women in the ward.

It was chilly, but they were troopers!


Elder Watt and Elder Evans came to support them (and eat the refreshments)!!!



We had our last interview with President and Sister Creer. They go home July 1st. We will have one more zone conference with them. They spoke in Stake Conference today. It will be sad to see them go. Our CES couple the Magelsons are leaving too....




Yesterday we went to Bangor to visit the Stewarts. The Stewart's daughter married our mission president in Minnesota's son. We had a wonderful time with them and they fed us the best salmon (poached in cream) that I have ever had! (along with leeks, potatoes and my favorite new dessert, pavlova) They are wonderful people and we will definitely visit them again.





We had the Elders with us since we were going to Stake Conference. We had a little extra time so we drove through Bangor. Bangor is a really nice town. There are two wards there.







We went to Bangor castle. The grounds were beautiful, with a beautiful view of the bay.






Bangor castle. Not quite as old as some of the other castles we've seen. But still pretty old. Elder Watt thought it was built in the 1500's.









We will have to go back and go for a tour and visit the museum. Never enough time in the day.








The flowers were beautiful and since it's Mother's Day I thought I would post these pictures for my mom. She loves flowers and I wish she could be here with me to see how beautiful it is.





Happy Mother's Day Mom! I miss you and hope we can spend some future Mother's Days together! You're the best!!!!! I have a pretty wonderful mother-in-law too! Happy Mother's Day Ruth!
Love you both! Linda











No comments: