Yesterday turned out to be another beautiful day in Northern Ireland. Elder Holt and I left our house early in freezing fog, and headed to Belfast for the "All Youth Regional Day" at the Hollywood chapel. We had an opening devotional and then headed out for an adventure to the Ulster Folk Museum! By the time we got there the sun was shinning and although it was chilly, we had a beautiful day.
This is a little village that has been reconstructed with buildings from different time periods in Irish history. It was like walking back in time.
This little donkey and shetland pony were posing for a picture.
Lots of cottages down the path. The earliest was built in the 1600's.
On top of this little hill, you could see the Belfast bay in the distance.
Lunch time with the youth! There were about 50 youth from all over the Isle. They were fun to watch. Youth in the church are the same wherever you go. They were all well behaved and we enjoyed getting to know them. One young man just got his mission call to the new Scottland Ireland Mission! He's not going far from home!
The basket shop.
Soda bread cooking on an open fire. They use "peat" for fuel......I think I like wood.......or coal.
The Church.

More youth, heading up the hill.
Sister Holt......
Elder Holt.....
After spending a few hours there, we headed back to the church and we taught a workshop on
"Choose Today to Imact Tomorrow" I talked about my great, great, great, great grandfather who had joined the church in Crawfordsburn Ireland in 1841. Elder Holt told William McDonald's story from his autobiography, (pretending he was him). The youth seemed to enjoy the story and then we talked about the impact our choices make on others. We figured out that there could be well over a million people who are or were members of the church just because James McDonald made the choice to be baptized and join the restored church of Jesus Christ.
The choices we all make every day will impact someone, somewhere.... I am thankful James McDonald made such a good choice!





3 comments:
Looks like fun! I hope it warms up soon for you guys :)
Fun pictures mom!!!
Beautiful pics.
Post a Comment