From the Emerald Isle

Saturday, February 27, 2010

As Time Goes By....

It was three months ago today that Birch and I left home for our mission. The time is quickly fleeing. We have had a lot of great experiences and have met so many wonderful people. They tell me here in the mission that after 3 months you aren't homesick anymore...I'm not sure I believe that, but it is good to be here. This is a picture of the whole mission! Taken at the all mission conference held in Dublin on February 4, 2010.
This week we traveled to Omagh for our district meeting. Elder Watt drove the mission van so it was nice for Elder Holt and I to sit back and enjoy the scenery. This is the church. There are about 45 members that attend each week. It sits on a beautiful lot of land. Hopefully they will have a chapel there someday.

We celebrated Elder Ranger's birthday. My first chocolate cake made from scratch in Ireland!


Elder Holt standing at the pulpit. They have a key board so I was able to play while we sang. I love to hear the elders sing.....




Here we are. Elder Palmer, Sister Holt, Elder Ranger, Elder Evans and Elder Watt. Elder Holt took the picture.



Elder Watt, our district leader, led us in a great game of Jeopardy. He had some pretty hard questions.... like how many pages in PMG. We had a good time, although it did get a little competitive!





In the end....look who won! All the elders decided to take a gamble and wager all their points on the last question. I played it safe and didn't gamble any points.....lesson to be learned....don't gamble!
Later this week, we went on a 3-4 mile walk with our investigator Roberta. She lives by two lakes and wanted to show us the scenery. We had a really nice day with her and Brandy, her dog.


There was a little farm along the way, so we stopped and visited the animals. More sheep.






Some ducks.....I thought the tall ones were cute.






Look at the horns on this guy!








Too cute!






There were more animals.. llamas, horses, cows, bulls, pigs, chickens.....fun to see.




We kept walking and came to Tanaghmore Park.








This is a wood carving of the potatoe famine.




A viking...

My first Leprechaun, sitting on a mushroom.








More walking.....





These trees are significant to Roberta. She told us a neat story about an experience she had under these trees, feeling the umbrella of God protecting her and the arms of God surrounding her.





There were many beautiful swans.










We had a wonderful walk with a wonderful friend. We look forward to our cottage meetings as we share the gospel with her.





It's been a good week!






5 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, it seems like there is so much culture and history all around. They must do a great job preserving it. It sounds like you guys are having success at strengthening a lot of people's testimony.

The Stevens said...

Great pictures mom. I am glad you had a great week!!

SisterhoodSavings said...

What an amazing week and experiences. I love hearing about it all, the culture, history the missionary experiences etc. How wonderful that you guys are there and I know you are touching so many lives.
JoDell

Kristen said...

I love the animal pictures! Hey your Birthday is coming up. I just did the newsletter for the ward and saw it's on Friday, right?

Alie and James said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time! I love that little Leprechaun.