Just a few hours old, before we knew there were heart complications.
I haven't posted for a while, but a lot has been happening in the Holt household. Just when you hope things will calm down, your world is turned upside down. But keeping things in the right perspective, life is good, and I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Life at the mission office continues to be a wonderful experience. We have made such close relationships with President and Sister Howell and the other office staff. I have decided that when you serve together for a great cause miracles happen! I love the missionaries! One Elder said to me yesterday, "Sister Holt, we will always be friends! I can't wait to come and visit you when I return to the mission in future years!" So sweet! So many friendships! Such great young men and women! It's a privilege to associate with them every day. They have strong testimonies of the gospel and I'm so glad they are here in Minnesota to spread the gospel to the wonderful people here. Which brings me to my next point. Tonight, I called an old friend of mine who works at Children's Hospital to tell her about our little grandson Jasper, who is in PICU with a heart defect. Jasper was born last week, May 19, and was rushed to Children's that night. He had heart surgery Friday, and will probably be there for at least 4-6 more weeks, with possible surgery again. So many friends and family are praying for him and we appreciate it so much. Donna, who is not of our faith, called me back a few minutes ago to make sure she had Jasper's name right. She said "I like a name when I pray, and I want to tell my husband and daughter to pray for him too." I was so touched that here was a friend I haven't even kept in contact with lately and she was praying for Jasper! There sure are wonderful people in the world!!!! We are thankful that Jason was protected with his experience in New York, drug dealers, bad cops, etc......we are thankful that Jolyn's pregnancy is going well and looking forward to meeting her little baby girl in October, we are excited to have Jana, Tony and Kade come and live with us for the summer, and we are glad we can go watch Julie' s girls play soccer....which seems like the most normal thing in our lives right now! Here's some random pictures of the last few weeks!


5 comments:
We are keeping little Jasper in our prayers, our love and thoughts are with you and your family.
Good post mom, it was fun to see all of the pictures!
It's so good to read the news of your family and your mission experiences. Jasper is in our prayers. So thankful all is going well.
Your life has been a little exciting lately. Thanks for the updates. WE think of you often. love ya.
I have been trying to keep updated on Jasper. I keep checking your blog and facebook. We have had him and your family in our thoughts and prayers and will continue to do so. Our girls are in soccer right now, and I know what you mean about just a normal thing.... to watch soccer! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment